About the Joint Director
Dr. P. Saritha Reddy is working as Associate Professor at department of Chemistry, Osmania University. She completed M.Sc with Inorganic Chemistry specialization from Department of Chemistry, Osmania University in 1993 and Ph.D from University College of Science, Osmania University in 1999 for her work on “ Structural studies on Transition metal complexes derived from multidentate ligands containing oxygen,nitrogen donor systems.”
Dr Saritha Reddy has 23 years of teaching experience at UG and PG level and research experience. She is a Registered guide of Osmania University, currently guiding 8 students for their Ph.D .One student had been awarded Ph.D and two of them submitted their thesis for Ph.D. She has 25 publications in various National and International journals and presented papers at various National and International Seminars/ conferences/ workshops. Her papers presented at International Seminar on “Green Chemistry for sustainable development ” and “ National PhD poster symposium” organized by Royal society of Chemistry received best presentation awards.
She Successfully completed UGC sponsored Research Project entitled “XRD – studies of metal complexes of Schiff bases derived from 5- Acetyl 2,4- dihydroxy acetophenone and study of their anti microbial activity ” and is presently working on DST project titled “Green route for efficient synthesis of fluorine containing Schiff bases and their complexes as potent Bio active agents: DNA interaction, Docking, In vitro antimicrobial screening and Cytotoxic studies.”
Dr Reddy reviewed articles for International journals like Chinese Journal of Chemistry, Journal of Bio-inorganic chemistry and its applications, guided several M.Sc. (Inorganic Chemistry) students for their projects, delivered guest lectures at various PG colleges and has been resource person at HRDC, Osmania University. She organized seminars /workshops at University College for Women, OU and Department of Chemistry, Osmania University.
Academic / Administrative Assignments: Dr Reddy has held various Academic/ Administrative positions.
- Joint Director, Directorate of Academic Audit, OU from August 2021-Aug 2022.
- Vice- Principal, University College for Women, Koti, OU from May 22nd 2017 – September 5th 2019, I/c Head, Department of Chemistry, University College for Women, Koti, OU from January 2016 to May 2017, Coordinator of the College Time Table Committee ,UCW from 2007 – 2017, Student Advisor in University college for women,2006-2012, Member of the Space Committee, UCW 2011-2019, Member of UGC- CPE Committee, UCW 2012- 2019.
- Member of Indian Council of Chemists.
- Jury member for State level DST-sponsored INSPIRE Awards scheme (Govt. of India) held in August 2011, 2012, 2014 and 2015.
- DC member, Dept. of Chemistry, O.U., Member, BOS, Dept. of Chemistry, U.C.W, St .Anns College, Hindi Mahavidyalaya, Selection Committee member and Governing body member for various UG and PG colleges.
- Presently she is holding the position as Joint Director, UFRO.
Message from the Joint Director
Osmania University, established in 1917, is the seventh oldest in India, the third oldest in South India, has emerged as one of the premier institutions of higher learning in the country. It has completed 100 years in the service of higher education. I am glad that, Osmania University is facilitating the admissions of more than two thousand foreign students in the University every year.
The high standards maintained by the University in the field of research and higher education are on par with the other global institutions. I am sure that all the international students would derive maximum advantage and that they would make themselves very responsible students during their study at the University.
I wish the newly admitted students all the very best and hope that they would make their mother country and India equally proud of their association with the great Osmania University.
Prof. P. Saritha Reddy
Professor of Inorganic Chemistry
Joint Director – UFRO, O.U.
Prof. V. Srilatha
Professor in Political Science,
Office of the International Affairs,